It’s true — good things do come in small packages. These decadent muffins are bursting with rich festive flavors and packed with ingredients that benefit your oral and overall health. Now that’s a gift that keeps on giving!
Oats are rich in fiber, which helps promote healthy gut bacteria.
Bananas are packed with potassium for strong teeth and bones.
Pecans contain calcium and magnesium that can reduce inflammation.
2 tablespoons butter, softened
⅓ cup sugar
2 large egg whites
2½ ripe bananas, mashed
3 tablespoons unsweetened apple sauce
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
⅓ cup low-fat eggnog
1¼ cups whole-wheat flour
¼ cup oats
¾ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ cup dark chocolate chips
½ cup pecans
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Fill a muffin tin with 12 liners.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together.
3. Add egg whites, bananas, apple sauce, vanilla and eggnog to mixture.
4. Beat until mixture is well combined.
5. In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
6. Slowly add flour mixture to other mixture, lightly beating until just combined.
7. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
8. Evenly pour batter into muffin tins.
9. Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.